Brett Miller, KMRS/KKOK Sports Director
Section 3AA-North Quarterfinals
(4) Litchfield 3, (5) Morris Area/Chokio-Alberta 2
LITCHFIELD – Morris Area/Chokio-Alberta’s season came to an end on Thursday, being on the short end of a thrilling five-set match with Litchfield 25-20, 16-25, 23-25, 28-26, 6-15.
The Tigers fought off a late rally by the Dragons to take the first set, but Litchfield came back to even things with a dominant second set.
In the third the two teams traded points throughout, but it was the Dragons who were able to string together a three-point run late and hold off the Tigers.
In set four, with the Tigers leading 24-20, the Dragons scored five straight points to put the season on the brink, the Tigers battled back to take four of the next five points and force a fifth set. It was there that the Dragons again flexed their muscles with a run of five points to grab an 8-3 lead and they never looked back.
LaRae Kramm had 33 assists for the Tigers, Emma Berlinger had nine kills while Lexi Pew added eight, Sophia Carlsen and Kenzie Hockel each tallied seven. Macee Libbesmeier led with 13 digs while Kramm and Courtney Lehman each added 12.
Pew had four blocks at the net for the Tigers who’s season ends with a record of 13-11.
(1) New London-Spicer 3, (8) Montevideo 0
(2) Redwood Valley 3, (7) Paynesville Area 0
(6) Minnewaska Area 3, (3) Eden Valley-Watkins 0
Section 3AA-South Quarterfinals
(1) Marshall 3, (8) Worthington 0
(4) Pipestone 3, (5) Luverne 0
(2) Jackson County Central 3, (7) St. James Area 0
(3) Windom Area 3, (6) New Ulm 1