ST. PAUL, Minn. – A pair of UMN Morris student-athletes were honored by the Upper Midwest Athletic Conference (UMAC) with Tennis Player of the Week plaudits, as announced by the conference office Monday afternoon.
For the Cougars, Paul Decker was tabbed the UMAC Men’s Tennis Player of the Week and Kate Obright was named the UMAC Women’s Tennis Player of the Week. This is first weekly honor for both Decker and Obright.
Paul Decker | Freshman | St. Cloud, Minn. | St. Cloud Cathedral High School
- Led Cougars to win over Crown
- Won in 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5 singles
- Added 8-0 victory at No. 2 doubles
Kate Obright | Sophomore | Andover, Minn. | Anoka High School
- Led Minnesota Morris to win vs. Crown
- Won in 6-0, 6-0 at No. 1 singles
- Added 8-2 victory at No. 1 doubles