A garage was destroyed in a small brush fire that got out of control in Douglas County on Monday afternoon.

69-year-old Thomas Wayne Asmus, of Starbuck, called 9-1-1 when a small brush fire at his property near Carlos spread to a detached garage. The Carlos Fire Department responded to find the structure fully engulfed in flames.

Asmus received minor injuries and was taken to Alomere Health. The garage was a total loss, including tools and older truck parts. Two vehicles parked next to the garage were also damaged.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here